10. There's always one guy judging what we do as if he could do it better. Nobody knows who died and made him expert. Every business has one or knows one. In fact everyone you tell about the business seems to know it all.
9. Usually the one who wears the most makeup gets the most attention at the office.
8. A bakers dozen creates more raving fans out of your customers than a regular dozen.
7. If you can make it to year 8 you'll be making big money. Most small businesses tank before 1 year.
6. No matter how hard you work at your business there will always be a 16 year old who seems to accomplish more in less time and with much more ease.
5. Some times it still pays to finish 2nd or 3rd. 2nd is not always the first loser as they say.
4. Like American Idol Finalists most small business owners who experience some success think they can do anything.
3. Coca Cola is everywhere.
2. If you have a Englishman on your board of directors you will be more successful.
1. The underdog sometimes does actually win.
Please contribute and add to this list.
Explanations of each point.
10. Self explanatory. We all work with Simon Cowellesque people from time to time.
9. Adam Lambert got far more publicity than all of the others and he wears the most make up. Like unto the girls at the office. The well made up girls tend to get more attention.
8. A bakers dozen is 13 not twelve. If you give your clients a bakers dozen you give them more value. Usually American Idol only has 12 finalists. This year they had 13.
7. Self explanatory. American Idol's in year eight If you make it to year eight you will be successful.
6. There is always some young kid in our industries that seems to have more success with much more ease than we ever did and it is hard not to be jealous. On American Idol there is always a 16 year old David Archuleta.
5. The people who take second and third in American Idol still make money, lots of money. If you are second or third in your industry you are probably making good money.
4. Many contestants on American Idol have big egos and think that they are way better than they really are. Same with most entrepreneurs. They think that cause they had some success that they can do anything and have success in any industry.
3. Coca Cola IS everywhere. It's self explanatory.
2. If you have an Englishman on your board of directors then you will be more successful. This is just a joke because people tend to think the British accent sounds sexy and inteligent.
1. Kris Allen was the total underdog. The judges basically told him that second place was good and that he should be happy with second. Well, some times the underdog really does win.
I hope you found this top ten list amusing. You are welcome to copy and paste it on your blog as long as you link it to CurtClapier.com
Feel free to add and contribute to the list.